Our First Home

Our First Home

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Day One!

Today feels a little like Christmas, with a 1,700 square foot present!

The guys working on our house are off to a great start! They were hitting it bright and early this morning, very impressed!

Living room- they're all set up!
Dining room. Maybe we should keep it gothic themed? J/K!
 
 
 
After I was out of work I started cleaning out the garage! I took a few things over to the house, and I found a few surprises! 

I cleaned out Husband's side of the garage. He'll be so happy his precious car is one of the first things in the new house!
I found approximately a MILLION of these super scary cave crickets (rhaphidophoridae - even the name sounds scary!). They are giant and jump out at your face. I used my shop-vac (aka the best present we ever got!) and sucked those bad boys up!
I got a little sentimental and put down the welcome mat! This is a housewarming present from our friends- thanks to the O'Rourkes! It's like every theme I love wrapped up into one item: birds, birdcage, bicycle, blue, and chevron!
 
After a few hours of cleaning I decided it was time to eat Mexican food for dinner  pick out the flooring and carpet. Luckily my pooch helped us make the decision easier. We decided that the lighter color flooring just blends in with her fur, so darker brown it is! Now she will "pop" anywhere she lays down :) 

She's tired after a long day playing in her new backyard, what a spoiled pup!
 
It's a relief to finally be working on the house. Today was so much fun, I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment